Engagement Shoots, Pre - Wedding Shoots, whatever you prefer to call them, are, in my eyes a really good idea to do before your wedding day. I include engagement shoots in two out of my three packages as I know they aren't everyones cup of tea; but every couple who does it, I can guarantee is 100% more relaxed about having their photo taken on the big day.
Engagement shoots are very up & coming with quite a few people not understanding what it is - so, I will tell you in fancy bullet points why it really is a blooming good idea:
- It means we spend time together before your wedding making us both feel comfortable & get to know each other.
- You can get rid of any anxiety you may have about having your photo taken so you don't have to stress on the day.
- You get to see how I will work with you when we are alone doing the bride & groom shots.
- You can tell me what you may feel uncomfortable with or not want photos of.
- You get to have photos of each other that you could use on your wedding day as little decorations or as save the date cards.
- We can take advantage of looking around the venue together at the same time to find the hot spots & talk about the structure of your day.
- If you didn't want photos at the venue you could pick somewhere really special to have memories photographed together.
- Mostly because you will leave thinking "THANK GOODNESS we did that". Here is a lovely note from a bride to be from her recent engagement shoot:
" You have managed to make us not look awkward. We are so excited for the wedding now & you have put us at ease."
So if you are one of the many people out there who hate having their photo taken, I strongly advise having an engagement shoot. I promise you'll like it.
P.S. Maybe you aren't planning on getting married yet but would really like some nice photos together - STILL DO IT. I have been a pretend bride with my partner, & we loved it :)